Are you a rhododendron lover?
If you are, then congratulations!!!
You know, April is one of the best time to see them blossom, along with most of the flora in Nepal. So, if you come to Nepal in April, then you’ll get a chance to see the ethereal beauty they bring to a stunning landscape.
Your best chance to see rhododendron flowers in bloom in around April, a month of spring. The blossom is unique in April.
Trekking in Nepal is most popular among adventure enthusiast as it offers some world’s best trekking routes and dramatic landscapes.
Flowers are blooming everywhere, trekking in Nepal is always the first choice when you visit Nepal.
Good weather condition and temperature are seriously important to make your trekking exciting and comfortable. Likewise, in April, the weather in Nepal is at its best compared to other months.
The sky is clear and the sun is bright. The temperature is just a perfect for both high-altitude trekking and low-altitude trekking.
Usually, it is mildly warm at lower elevations and moderates at the higher elevations over 4,000 meters.
However, morning and night can be little cold but not too cold as winter. So, good news you don’t have to carry any extra warm clothes.
The best part of trekking in Nepal in April is the days are quite long. Thus, you’ll get an extra time to explore the wilderness of the trekking region.
There are several types of treks in Nepal that can be done during April. Each trekking trail of Nepal has something to offer everyone. Here are some of the best trekking destinations in Nepal in April that can be best discovered during the April month in Nepal.
Believe me, you’ll appreciate being lost in the magical landscape of Nepal by yourself.
The sunrise and sunsets are beautifully long and you have plenty of time to catch that perfect shot. Be ready for real magic!!!
Everest Base Camp Trek
|Trek Duration:||14 days|
|Max Altitude:||5,600 meters, Kala Patthar|
|Start/End Location:||Lukla (a 45-minute flight from Kathmandu)|
Everest Base Camp Trek is a popular choice for people from all over the world.
There is no bad time to make the trek to Everest Base Camp trek.
However, it’s widely accepted March to May is best in terms of weather. The temperature in Everest Base Camp in April ranges between 19 degree Celsius during the day and -15 degree Celsius at night.
Thus, April is one of the best time to visit Everest Base Camp Trek. The temperature is not as low as winter. And of course, the peak of Mt. Everest is visible and clear.
Numerous colorful flowers decorate the trail, especially in the lower altitudes. All these vibrant flowers add extra beauty to your trek.
At the end of the late April, this tends to be the peak window to summit Everest. So, the base camp will be full of its famous colored tents.
The EBC trail takes you into the lap of some of the highest mountains on earth. The hiking to Kala Patthar- the perfect viewpoint of Everest is remarkable features of this trekking route.
You’ll begin your trek via walking in the forest and way up via meadows and valleys and glaciers to finally reach the base camp spot.
From here you get to see the mighty Khumbu Glacier and the surroundings snow-clad peaks.
Since the views are superb at this time of year. You can also opt other trekking routes of the Everest region like the Tengboche Everest View Trek, Gokyo Lake Trek, Gokyo Chola Pass Everest Base Camp Trek, and Classic Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek– you won’t regret it !!!
- Lukla airport, also known as Tenzing Hillary Airport
- Visit Namche Bazaar, the main trading center and hub for the Khumbu region.
- Breathtaking views of a spectacular mountain like Pumori, Changtse, Nuptse, Lhotse, Amadablam, and Thamserku.
- Tengboche Monastery, situated at 3,867 meters is the largest gompa in the Khumbu region of Nepal.
- Witness some cultural performances in the Buddhists monastery and festival celebration.
- Gorak Shep is a frozen lakebed covered with sand situated at 5,164 m elevation. It is a final stop on the trek to the Everest Base Camp.
- Ascents to the Kala Patthar, most accessible point to view Mt. Everest.
- Never skip acclimatization.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
- Avoid non-vegetarian food above Namche Bazaar.
- Train yourself physically and mentally before you leave for the trek.
- Get friendly with other tourists.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek
|Trek Duration:||10 days|
|Max Altitude:||4,320 meters, Annapurna Base Camp|
|Start/End Location:||Nayapul (6-7 hours drive from Pokhara)|
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is one of the superb classical trekking routes in Nepal. This route is also one of the popular trekking routes in the world.
The Annapurna Base Camp trek begins from Pokhara, one of the major tourist-attracting cities in Nepal.
This trekking route offers both the natural and cultural beauty. The trekking in this trail provides the opportunity to explore the landscapes of the whole Annapurna region.
The trail passes via the dense rhododendron forests, beautiful meadows, and gorgeous mountains. You can explore the evergreen forests of Annapurna Conservation Area, rich in rare floras and fauna.
During April, the forest area even looks more vibrant with colorful blooming rhododendron and other wildflowers.
The temperature in Annapurna region is the ideal trekking weather ranging from 20 degree Celsius during the daytime to 5 degree Celsius at night.
You can enjoy the warm hospitality of the ethnic warm people throughout the trail.
You’ll enjoy the most the fantastic vistas of Mt. Annapurna, 10th world tallest mountain in the world. Beside this, you’ll also enthrall into the arresting beauty of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt, Machhapuchhre,
On the way to Annapurna Base Camp, you’ll pass via green terraced farm, beautiful rhododendron and pine forests and many ethnic settlements.
Also, you’ll come across via beautiful valleys with the amazing view of the mountains.
If you choose to trek Annapurna region during this time, you can also go for Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek, Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek, and Tilicho Lake and Annapurna Circuit Trek– with a bit of luck, you’ll get nice weather and great views !!!
- The spectacular sunrise and sunset views over Annapurna Mountain range.
- Enjoy the natural hot springs.
- Arriving at Annapurna Base Camp.
- Experience the daily life in the village around Annapurna regions.
- Opportunity to experience the traditional way of life.
- It’s one of the most popular trekking trails and it’s best to book ahead of the accommodation as it can get scarce during peak season.
- Always carry enough water on the trial and stay hydrated.
- Follow the rule while visiting temples or religious monuments. Shoes off, no exposed shoulders, and don’t take pictures inside.
Langtang Valley Trek
|Trek Duration:||8 days|
|Max Altitude:||4,984 meters, Tserko Ri|
|Start/End Location:||Syabru Besi – 7-8 hour drive from Kathmandu|
After Everest and Annapurna, Langtang is the most popular trekking region in Nepal. Most people from all over the world flock to find an escape in the land of the Himalayan mountain.
It is a short and easy trek that rewards you with amazing landscapes. This trek takes you to the valley of glaciers, the most beautiful valley in the world i.e. Langtang valley.
The Langtang valley trek begins with the short drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi along the Trishuli river. The Kyanjin Gompa is the last point of this trek. Here you can visit Buddhists monastery located at 3,740 meters.
Beside this, you’ll also get some amazing mountain views of Langtang Lirung, Yala Peak, Gangcheenpo, Naya Kangri, and other peaks of Langtang regions.
The area is very famous for the Yala Cheese factory. Here you can learn the cheese making process too.
The trails also head via Langtang National Park, rich in various flora and fauna.
The Langtang valley trek is surrounded by dense rhododendron and pine forests.
During April, all wildflowers including rhododendron are full blooming on the trail. During this time, it is mildly warm at the lower elevations and a moderate temperature at the higher elevation over 4,000 m. This makes trekking in Nepal more comfortable and interesting.
If you opt this month for the Langtang Valley trek then with stable weather you’ll get spectacular mountain views.
The trek leads you via the exotic mountain panorama, breathtaking landscape, the lustful wooden trails and secluded villages.
If you want more cultural treks in the Langtang regions of Nepal, then Tamang Heritage Trail will be the best options. During this trek, you’ll come across via the richness of Tamang heritage.
- Jaw-dropping view of the snow-capped mountain from Kyanjin Ri.
- Visit old and significant Buddhist monasteries, stupas, and monuments.
- Walk via green lush forests and meadows.
- Langtang National park and explore the wildlife like red panda, snow leopard, musk deer, bear, and langur.
- Experience the warm hospitality of the different ethnic communities in Langtang region.
- Bring good footwear and warm clothes no matter what it’s like when you set out. It should be windproof and waterproof.
- Plan to dress in layers so you can cope with a variety of temperatures.
Upper Mustang Trek
|Trek Duration:||14 days|
|Max Altitude:||3,770 meters, Lo Manthang|
|Start/End Location:||Pokhara – 6-7 hour drive from Kathmandu|
Upper Mustang Trek is one of the most visited tourist destinations in the monsoon in Nepal. But this journey offers you a great opportunity to explore the great scenery during April too.
The beauty of trek touches the apex once you traverse via the Buddhist monasteries, chortens, and mani walls.
The trail begins from the Pokhara going via to Jomsom villages towards Kagbeni village all the way to an ancient city of Lo Manthang. The Lo Manthang is a capital of Mustang region.
Lo Manthang is surrounded by ancient Buddhist monastery, Cave, and museum.
Upper Mustang trekking route progresses via culturally rich villages of Thakali, Tibetan, and Gurung ethnics. This allows you with a plenty of opportunities to witness some unforgettable culture.
Upper Mustang trek is famous for stunning desert landscape nestling with Tibetan plateau.
The weather is also favorable during this time of the year. Temperatures are also warm with clear skies, mountain views will be seen at their best.
Stunning views of the Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Dhaulagiri and other mountains will be seen.
Thus, April is one of the best time to trek in Upper Mustang region.
Trekking in this region offers you a great opportunity to explore the culture and tradition of true Himalayan people. Jomsom Muktinath Trek will be the best option if you want to have an adventurous tour along with a cultural tour in Mustang region.
- Experience a vast difference in landscapes.
- Have an incredible site of Mustang region all to yourself.
- Immerse yourself in the culture of the high mountain people.
- Close view of Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Dhaulagiri, and Mt. Nilgiri.
- Visit different old Buddhists monasteries built in the 13th century.
- Due to the desert-like atmosphere, trekking via the afternoon winds can be a bit tricky. Windproof gears will also be handy. Sunglasses are also a good idea.
- When you feel ill or uncomfortable, immediately tell your guide. Never try to fight with AMS. It’ll get even worse and can kill you.
- You need to understand about the trekking permits and member requirement.
Manaslu Circuit Trek
|Trek Duration:||15 days|
|Max Altitude:||5,167 m|
|Start/End Location:||Soti Khola-10 hrs drive from Kathmandu|
Manaslu Circuit trek is one of the challenging trekking routes of Nepal. Now it is becoming increasingly popular among trekkers with the improved infrastructure in the recent years.
In this challenging trek, you’ll experience both adventure and unique mix culture of the Nepalese and Tibetan people.
This trek is wild and remote, yet there are tea houses at a consistent location. So, you don’t have to bring tents and food with yourself.
This adventure trek trail includes the exploration of the high and low diverse altitude. The trail is followed by the subtropical forests to the dry arctic zone near to the border of Tibet.
This trek begins with a day drive to Soti Khola from Kathmandu. Then following the different ascending and descending trails, passing through dense forests you’ll reach Samagaun and Samdo.
Here you can visit several Buddhist monasteries and mani walls that are highly influenced by the Tibetan culture.
This trek offers you excellent views of Mt. Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, and Mt. Machhapuchhre.
Nepal’s weather in April is the best for trekking in Manaslu Circuit. The beautiful views are re-emerging offering you the best photo ops of the snow-capped mountains.
Yes, Manaslu Circuit trek is a difficult one, passing high passes, and rocky terrain. But if you choose this trek you’ll be rewarded with pristine glacial lakes, snow-capped mountains and close encounters with native communities.
On this challenging treks, you’ll encounter fewer group than on the other popular trekking trail. So, here you can roam via remote mountain communities.
- Very remote and not a crowded trail, with a plenty of authentic trekking experience.
- Amazing landscapes with varied terrain including snow-capped mountains and sub-tropical jungle.
- An awesome view of Manaslu mountain range.
- Explore the diverse culture of high mountain people.
- Crossing one of the highest passes of Manaslu region i.e. Larke La Pass
- Offer magnificent views of Mt. Manaslu-world’s 8th highest peak, Ganesh Himal, and many other snow-capped mountains.
- A restricted trekking permit is required for a Manaslu Trek. Solo trekkers are not permitted, a base gathering size of 2 is required. You must hire a license-holder trekking guide to trek the Manaslu Circuit.
- Altitude sickness is the most important consideration while walking at high altitude. As we know that the prevention is better than cure-slow and steady walk would be the perfect solution.
- Technical mountaineering experience is not required but you need to be both physically and mentally fit.
- Electricity is limited in this remote area. So, be prepared to spend few dollars to charge your electronic devices too. In this type of situation, a portable solar battery charger would be a good option.
Upper Dolpo Circuit Trek
|Trek Duration:||24 days|
|Max Altitude:||4,900 meters, Yangtze Gompa|
|Start/End Location:||Nepalgunj 1 hour flight from Kathmandu|
Upper Dolpo Circuit Trek offers a great opportunity to explore a much less known part of the country Nepal.
The trail leads you to the remote far north-west Himalayan range of Nepal. Exactly it is situated between the Tibetan plateau and the Dhaulagiri Himalayan range.
Dolpo’s weather in April marks the dry season, the blue skies, and breathtaking views of the snow-capped mountains.
As this is least explored regions in Nepal, you’ll find few numbers of trekkers even in the best trekking seasons.
Thus, the combination of the warm weather, fewer crowds, and magnificent views makes April one of the best months of the year to visit this Upper Dolpo region.
This is a difficult trek due to the altitude and the remoteness of the area. But the entire trek is breathtaking and well worth the effort required.
Throughout the trail, you’ll visit some isolated and pure traditional villages. Along with the natural beauty of the landscape, you’ll also experience the original Tibetan culture and traditions of this region.
This region of Nepal is also rich in medicinal herbs. To preserve its unique culture and the exceptional beauty of this region, it is restricted to the foreign travelers.
The actual trips start with a flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and then to Juphal and all the way to the Upper Dolpo region.
It is a long and strenuous trek and requires a physically fit body with the previous trekking experience.
- A chance to trek in the remote region and rarely visited part of Nepal.
- Little-known trek with few tourists.
- Off-the-beaten trekking route.
- Opportunities to interact with the locals.
- Feel the thrill of crossing several passes over 5,000 meters.
- Explore the country’s largest National Park, Shey-Phoksundo National Park
- Shey Phoksundo lake, the deepest lake in Nepal.
- This is a less travel trekking region so hiring a good guide will make your trip safer.
- Travel insurance is necessary. If something wrong happens to you at a high altitude, your only options will be helicopter rescue.
- Bring enough cash. As this trekking region lies in one of the most remote areas of Nepal so, there are fewer ATM facilities.
April is one of the best time to visit Nepal as the weather becomes increasingly warm. Rain is also less frequent in April than in summer with more comfortable temperatures.
Nepal and Himalayas go hand in hand. Trekking in Nepal has gained a reputation for being a bucket-list item, there are many best trekking destinations in Nepal that offer a more authentic experience.
Although, Nepal is now one of the most popular tourist destinations in Asia. So, with a little planning and forethought, Nepal offers some of the best treks in the world.
Some of the above-mentioned treks still receive few tourists, making that more attractive, pristine, and remote.
Whether you want to go for most popular trekking sites Everest Base Camp or you hope to trek in Upper Dolpo less touristic area. Nepal is very likely to have plenty of options for a trek that will appeal to you.
Now, all you need to do is choose your next best trekking destinations in Nepal !!
Never stop walking. Happy Trekking !!!