Island Peak Climbing Highlights
- Hike to Everest Base Camp
- Panoramic view from Kalapatthar aka Everest viewpoint
- Experience Khongma La Pass
- Summit Island Peak at 6,189 m
- Island peak is the most popular trekking peak
- Take in views of Imja Lake, a small glacial lake at the base of Island Peak
- Tented overnight accommodation at Island Peak Base Camp
- Experience climbing in the Himalayas
Island Peak, known locally as Imja Tse, is the most popular climbing peak in Nepal. It is perfect for climbers with less experience or those who wish to climb for the first time.
The techniques of using climbing gear will be demonstrated by our climbing guide at Base Camp. And with your safety in mind, we provide one climbing guide for 3-4 climbers – based on the climbers’ experience.
This trip starts by flying into the high altitude airport at Lukla and takes you to the well known Namche Bazaar and the highest monastery in the region – Tengboche.
You will get the best views of Mt Everest and surrounding mountains from atop Kalapatthar (also known as the Everest viewpoint) at 5,545 m, and overnight at Gorakshep at over 5,000 m. Naturally, no trip to this area is complete without going to Everest Base Camp, which you will also visit
From here the trip differs from those groups who are heading only to Everest Base Camp. Now the climbing adventure begins! Descend down to Lobuche and cross the Khongma La Pass and on to Chukung Khongma La Pass, considered the most difficult pass among the Everest Three High Passes.
At Island Peak Base Camp, there is only tented accommodation as we prepare for the summit. In order to reach the summit before the high winds set in, climbers will leave Base Camp around 1 am.
Watching the sunrise over the Himalayas after the exhilarating climb is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. After descending down the Peak and trekking to Dingboche, the route back to Lukla once again rejoins the route being taken by those on the Everest Base Camp Trek.
The best time to climb Island Peak is April and May, or (followed by) October and November.
Magical Nepal works with local Sherpa based in Dingboche and Chukung. Our Sherpas are highly experienced and know Island peak inside out.
Island Peak Climbing with Everest Base Camp Itinerary
|Day 01||Arrival in Kathmandu|
|Day 02||Kathmandu to Lukla Flight and Trek to Phakding||2651 m / 8697 ft||35 min + 3 hr|
|Day 03||Phakding to Namche Bazaar||3440 m / 11286 ft||5 - 6 hr|
|Day 04||Acclimatization Day in Namche||3700 m / 12139 ft||4 - 5 hr|
|Day 05||Namche to Tengboche||3956 m / 12979 ft||5 - 6 hr|
|Day 06||Tengboche to Pheriche||4,371 m (14,340 ft)||4 - 5 hr|
|Day 07||Acclimatization Day in Pheriche||4,371 m (14,340 ft)||3 - 4 hr|
|Day 08||Pheriche to Lobuche||4938 m / 16200 ft||4 - 5 hr|
|Day 09||Lobuche to Gorakshep (afternoon trip to Kalapatthar)||5160 m / 16929 ft||4 - 5 hr|
|Day 10||Gorakshep to Lobuche (morning hike to Everest Base Camp)||4938 m / 16200 ft||4 hr + 4 hr|
|Day 11||Lobuche to Chukung via Khongma La Pass||4,730 m/15,518 ft||7 hr|
|Day 12||Chukung to Island Peak Base Camp||5,087 m/ 16,690 ft||3 - 4 hr|
|Day 13||Island Peak Base Camp to Summit and Down to Island Peak Base Camp||5,087 m/ 16,690 ft||10 hr|
|Day 14||Island Peak Base Camp to Pangboche||3,985 m/ 13,074 ft||7 hr|
|Day 15||Pangboche to Namche||3440 m / 11286 ft||6 hr|
|Day 16||Namche to Lukla||2860 m / 9383 ft||7 hr|
|Day 17||Lukla to Kathmandu Flight||1400 m / 4593 ft||30 min|
- Local transfers for your international flight x 2 (arrival/ departure)
- Local transfers for your domestic flights x 2
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight
- Sagarmatha National Park Entry Park and Local Entry Permits
- Peak Climbing Permit
- Guide for 15 days
- Climbing guide for 3 days (Island Peak Base Camp / return to Base Camp)
- Porter for 14 days
- Group climbing gear
- 2 nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu (Hotel Dream Nepal or similar)
- 13 nights’ accommodation in mountain teahouses
- 2 night tented accommodation at Base Camp and High Camp
- 14 x set breakfasts, 15 x set lunches and 15 x set dinners while on the trek
- Packed lunch on the summit day
- All cooked meals when camping with complementary hot water, tea and coffee
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- Staff insurance and necessary ground transport for support staff
- International flight ticket and Nepal entry visa
- Personal travel insurance (which should include coverage for trekking)
- Lunches and dinners in Kathmandu, except the farewell dinner
- Personal gear for trekking and/ or climbing (including any you may wish to hire), any personal expenses (i.e. soft and alcoholic drinks, snacks etc.)
- Personal climbing gear (can be rented in Chukung/ Dingboche)
Notice: Undefined variable: post in /home/475418.cloudwaysapps.com/rjrfqvnqhp/public_html/wp-content/themes/travel-agency-pro-child/functions.php on line 276
Notice: Trying to get property 'ID' of non-object in /home/475418.cloudwaysapps.com/rjrfqvnqhp/public_html/wp-content/themes/travel-agency-pro-child/functions.php on line 276