Ghorepani Poonhill Trek Highlights
- You will feel lost during the spectacular sunrise/sunset views backgrounded on the chain of Himalayas in the Annapurna region from Poon Hill (3210 meters).
- You can click the best panoramic views of Annapurna ranges, Dhaulagiri ranges, Machhapuchhre Himal, Hiunchuli, Nilgiri, and Mardi Himal.
- You will get to ascend/descend the popular stone stairs of Ulleri village.
- You will forget all your lethargy and pain of walking because of the amazing hospitality locals offer.
- You will have a cool time walking through the lush forests, scattered Magar settlements, and the amazing mountain views.
The Ghorepani Poon Hill trek is perhaps the ultimate short trek in the Himalayas! Suitable for people of all ages, particularly good for families with children, this trek can be 4 or 5 days in length and still gets into the heart of the Annapurna. Poon Hill (3,210m) is the ultimate viewing point for the Annapurna range, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Tukuche, Varaha Shikhar, and Lamjung Himal. Hiking up to Poon Hill to watch the sunrise over these stunning snow covered mountains is something to be treasured. This trek also includes hiking through colourful villages and rhododendron forests, with the backdrop of the Annapurna always present.
Even for experienced trekkers, this is a great introduction to the Himalayas, especially if time is short. Accommodation along this established route is very comfortable and the menus are not disappointing. And of course the mountains never disappoint either in their fully photogenic beauty!
|Day 1||Kathmandu to Pokhara (Drive)||830 m||6 - 7 hr|
|Day 2||Pokhara to Naya Pool (Drive) to Tikhe Dhunga||1570 m||6 - 7 hr|
|Day 3||Tikhe Dhunga to Ghorepani||2850 m||5 - 6 hr|
|Day 4||Ghorepani to Tadapani (Morning hike to Poon Hill)||2700 m||4 - 5 hr|
|Day 5||Tadapani to Ghandruk||1940 m||3 - 4 hr|
|Day 6||Ghandruk to Naya Pool to Pokhara (Drive)||900 m||5 - 6 hr|
|Day 7||Pokhara to Kathmandu (Drive)||1380 m||6 - 7 hr|