|Starts at: Beshi Sahar / Dharapani||Ends at: Jomsom|
|Trek Region: Annapurna||Transport: Public Bus/Flight|
|Duration: 16 Days||Trip Grade: Challenging|
|Max Altitude: 5416 m / 17769 ft (Thorong La Pass)||Accomodation: Teahouse|
Annapurna Circuit Trek Highlights
- You will step on the bank of Tilicho lake (4919 meters), the lake situated at the highest altitude in Nepal.
- You will traverse through the Thorong La Pass (5416 meters)- among the challenging passes in Annapurna region.
- Along with the Lake trip, you will join the route to the cultural and spiritual spot ie Muktinath temple.
- You can walk through different scattered settlements of Gurung and Thakali people and get a close insight into their everyday activities.
- The alluring views of Annapurna ranges, Tilicho Himal, Nilgiri, and other Himalayan ranges will keep you accompanied along the trek.
The Tilicho Lake trek takes the trail through Manang to the highest altitude lake in the world – Tilicho Lake at 4919 m Passing through the lush subtropical countryside, over moraine, through alpine forests, along arid cliffs, and over the Thorong La pass, this trek is quite challenging but steeped in Hindu myth and surrounded by mountains.
Tilicho, Nilgiri, Khangsar, and Muktinath are some of the peaks on show around the lake – sometimes even being reflected in the cold, clear turquoise waters. And of course, views of the Annapurna accompany the visitor throughout the whole trek.
The lake was formed by the glacial melt off the northern slopes of the Annapurna and is of historical and religious significance as it is thought to be mentioned in the Hindu religious book, the Ramayana.
In contrast, there are Buddhist villages to be crossed to reach the lake, taking their culture and religion from nearby Tibet. After visiting the lake and Tilicho Base Camp, the trail leads out of the Marsyangdi Valley, through yak pastures, and over the Thorong La Pass (5,416m).
Crossing the pass is challenging, and is done at around 3 am before the afternoon winds make it more difficult. The views, however, are magnificent of Mt Gundang, Syagang, Thorong Peak, and Mt Khatungkan. Once across the pass, there are more interesting villages: Muktinath, with its Hindu temple, water spouts, and eternal flame; Kagbeni with its monastery, strange human-like clay effigies, and Jomsom, a busy market town, and transportation hub of Mustang, with its airport, bus and jeep stands.
This trek encompasses the best of Annapurna trekking – its mountains, landscapes, and culture – with the high, immensely cold glacier lake and its mythology.
Annapurna Circuit Trek Outline Itinerary
Day 1: Kathmandu to Khudi (Drive)
Khudi – 2626 m / ft – 7 hrs
Day 2: Khudi to Sirung
Sirung – 1220 m / 4002 ft – 7 hrs
Day 3: Sirung to Jagat
Jagat – 1300 m / 4265 ft – 6 hrs
Day 4: Jagat to Dharapani
Dharapani – 1830 m / 6003 ft – 7 hrs
Day 5: Dharapani to Chame
Chame – 2710 m / 8891 ft – 6 hrs
Day 6: Chame to Pisang
Pisang – 3300 m / 10826 ft – 5 hrs
Day 7: Pisang to Manang
Manang – 3540 m / 11614 ft – 6 hrs
Day 8: Acclimatization Day (Day Trip to Praken Gompa)
Manang – 3540 m / 11614 ft – 3 hrs
Day 9: Manang to Siri Kharka
Siri Kharka – 4060 m/ 13320 – 4 hrs
Day 10: Siri Kharka to Tilicho Base Camp
Tilicho Base Camp- 4140m / 13582 – 5 to 6 hrs
Day 11: Day trip to Tilicho Lake
Tilicho Lake – 4919 m / 16138 ft – 5 to 6 hrs
Day 12: Siri Kharka to Yak Kharka
Yak Kharka – 4040 m / 483617 – 4-5 hrs
Day 13: Yak Kharka to Thorong Phedi
Thorong Phedi – 4600 m / 15091 – 3-4 hrs
Day 14: Thorong Phedi to Muktinath via Thorong La Pass
Muktinath- 3710 m / 12171 ft – 7 -8 hrs
Day 15: Muktinath to Jomsom
Jomsom – 2,743 m / 8999 ft 20 min
Day 16: Jomsom to Pokhara (Flight)
Pokhara– 822 m / 2696 ft – 5 -6 hrs
Not satisfied with this Itinerary?
Are you interested on planning custom trip? It only takes 2 minutes.
- 15 nights accommodation in mountain teahouses
- 1 nights accommodation in Pokhara Kuti Resort or similar
- Guide for 16 days
- Annapurna conservation area permit
- Trekkers information management system card
- Flight from Jomsom to Pokhara
- 16 x breakfast, 16 x lunch and 15 x dinner while on the trek
- One Porter for 16 days USD 310
- Kathmandu Khudi Private Transport USD 180
- Pokhara Kathmandu Private Transport USD 120
Annapurna Circuit Trek Map
Related Trip in Annapurna Region
Annapurna Base Camp Trek | Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek | Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek | Nar Phu Valley Trek | Upper Mustang Trek | Tiji Festival Trek | Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek | Nar Phu Teri La Upper Mustang Trek | Khopra Ridge Trek | Annapurna Base Camp Helicopter Tour | Saribung Peak With Upper Mustang | Himlung Expedition With Nar Phu Valley
Ask a Question
Feel free to ask us anything about this tour. A travel expert will then get back to you as soon as possible.