|Starts at: Jomsom
|Ends at: Khudi
|Trek Region: Annapurna
|Transport: Flight / Bus
|Duration: 26 Days
|Trip Grade: Extreme
|Max Altitude: 6328 m / 20761 ft
Saribung Peak Expedition
- Saribung Peak is newly opened for climbing (2006)
- Situated in Damodar Himal, an isolated part of Mustang region
- Trek through Upper Mustang with its Tibetan like landscape, culture and people
- Formally known as the Kingdom of Lo, Upper Mustang is a restricted area
- The trek takes your through different terrains from the busy market town of Jomson on the Annapurna Circuit, through the hidden valley of Nar and Phu and the dry, arid landscape of Upper Mustang
- Not only climb Saribung Peak at 6,328m, but cross the Saribung La pass at 6,000m
- Stunning views of Dhaulagiri, Manaslu and the Annapurna range
Saribung Peak was only opened up along with a new trekking route in 2006, thus it is rarely climbed and the trek itself is challenging with high passes to cross. Situated in Upper Mustang, which was the last kingdom in Nepal, this area lies close to the Tibetan border and has a distinct Tibetan feel – from the landscape to the culture and people.
This 26 days climbing adventure starts with flying from Kathmandu to Pokhara and then by another plane on to Jomson, administrative centre of Mustang. From here the trek begins through Mustang and into Upper Mustang and Lo-Manthang which was the seat of the King of the Kingdom of Lo until very recently. Here we acclimatize before pushing on towards Saribung Peak.
Although not technically difficult, a good level of fitness is required and we suggest you have trekked at high altitude and have basic mountaineering skills, such as use of ice axe and crampons before joining this climb. There are two climbing days on this adventure, one to high camp (6,042m) and then on to summit Saribung Peak (6,328m). From the top there is a wonderful panoramic view of the surrounding peaks.
After completing the climb we trek through Manang to the town of Syange from where we drive back to Kathmandu.
Saribung Peak Climbing Map
Related Trip in Annapurna Region
AnnapCamp Trek | Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek | Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek | Nar Phu Valley Trek | Upper Mustang Trek | Tiji Festival Trek | Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek | Nar Phu Teri La Upper Mustang Trek | Khopra Ridge Trek | Tilicho Lake And Annapurna Circuit Trek | Annapurna Base Camp Helicopter Tour | Saribung Peak With Upper Mustang | Himlung Expedition With Nar Phu Valley