Khopra Ridge Trek Highlights
- You will walk to the Khayar Lake, a sacred pilgrim spot for Hindu people.
- You will step to Khopra Danda to catch the stunning views of Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Machhapuchhre, Annapurna I, and other mountain peaks in the Annapurna region.
- If you are trekking in Spring, you will be walking through the rhododendron blossoms throughout the trek route.
- You can take rest on several rest-stops nearby the scattered settlements of Tibetan-like people.
- You will amazing feel on reaching Khopra Ridge (3660 meters) which passes through alpine meadows and green pastures.
The Khopra Ridge trek is one of the lesser known treks through the Annapurna but which still affords views of the giants: Dhaulagiri (8,167m), Nilgiri (7,061m), Bhara Shikhar (7,647m), Annapurna I (8091m), Machhapuchhre (6,997m), to name just a few. This trek visits the Khayar Lake, considered sacred by Hindus, high pastures and a temporary herder’s settlement, winds its way through rhododendron forests and through Tibetan-like villages. And of course, along the ridge itself.
The Khopra Ridge (3,660m) is reached by a steady climb through alpine meadows and pastures and provides a fine viewpoint overlooking the Kali Gandaki River far below in the world’s deepest gorge. From the ridge the mountains are a panorama of shimmering snow and ice. With only one long walking day (and which can be , and with a panorama on the ridge to rival any viewpoint in the Himalayas, this trek is a great way to experience the beauty of the Himalaya landscape and mountain ranges in a more tranquil and solitude manner.
|Day 1||Kathmandu to Pokhara (Drive)||830 m||6 - 7 hr|
|Day 2||Pokhara to Naya Pool (Drive) to Tadapani||1940 m||4 - 5 hr|
|Day 3||Tadapani to Bayeli Kharka||3420 m||5 - 6 hr|
|Day 4||Bayeli Kharka to Upper Chistibung||2975 m||4 - 5 hr|
|Day 5||Upper Chistibung to Khopra Ridge||3660 m||3 - 4 hr|
|Day 6||Day trip to Khaire Lake||4500 m||10 - 11 hr|
|Day 7||Khopra Ridge to Swata village||2200 m||5 - 6 hr|
|Day 8||Swata village to Ulleri||2050 m||5 - 6 hr|
|Day 9||Ulleri to Naya Pool to Pokhara (Drive)||830 m||7 - 8 hr|
|Day 10||Pokhara to Kathmandu (Drive)||1380 m||6 - 7 hr|