Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek Highlights
- You get to explore the tranquil routes that pass through ethnic villages and lush farmlands.
- You will walk to the lap of Mardi Himal to catch the stunning views of Mardi Himal, Machhapuchhre, Hiunchuli, and Annapurna ranges.
- You can encounter the most hospitable locals waiting with a warm meal and a cozy bed.
- You will feel close to nature as most of the route passes through the lush forests of rhododendron, pines, and oaks.
- You will traverse the novel, less explored paths to reach to Mardi Himal Base Camp(4100 meters).
The Mardi Himal Base Camp trek is a route which is has not been opened for long, and attracts fewer visitors than its more established ‘sisters’. This week-long trek has all the plus points of other Annapurna treks combined with a bit more wilderness and solitude. For example, on offer are the most spectacular views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre and Manaslu ranges!
Steep-sided valleys, rhododendron and bamboo forests, ridge hiking and the diversity of flora and fauna only seen in the Himalayas make this an interesting glimpse into the biodiversity of the mountains. The highest altitude is at High Camp (4,100m), with the rest of the trail never exceeding 3,150m (Low Camp). This trek can be also be extended in length should there be more time.
This is a lovely trek for those with less time and who prefer to be more off the beaten track!
|Day 1||Kathmandu to Pokhara (Drive)||830 m||6 - 7 hr|
|Day 2||Pokhara to Phedi (Drive) to Pothana||1950 m||4 hr|
|Day 3||Pothana to Forest Camp||2500 m||5 hr|
|Day 4||Forest Camp to Low Camp||3210 m||5 hr|
|Day 5||Low Camp to High Camp||3580 m||4 hr|
|Day 6||High Camp to Mardi Himal Base Camp||4450 m||7 hr|
|Day 7||Mardi Himal Base Camp to Siding village||1885 m||7 hr|
|Day 8||Siding village to Lwang village||1460 m||5 hr|
|Day 9||Lwang Village to Pokhara (Drive)||830 m||2 hr|
|Day 10||Pokhara to Kathmandu (Drive)||1380 m||6 - 7 hr|