|Starts at: Syabrubesi||Ends at: Syabrubesi|
|Trek Region: Langtang||Transport: Public Bus|
|Duration: 8 days||Trip Grade: Moderate|
|Max Altitude: 4800 m / 15655 ft (Kyanjing Ri)||Accomodation: Teahouse|
Langtang Valley Trek Highlight
- No need to book a plane! You can drive to this trek within 7 to 8 hours
- Trek through the Langtang Valley, also known as the ‘valley of glaciers’
- Climb Tserko Ri for its stunning scenic views
- View of snow-capped mountains such as Langtang Ri, Langtang, Langsisa and Ganjala Peak
- Experience Tibetan Buddhist culture and life first hand
- Walkthrough spectacular rhododendron forests
- Collect blessings at old Buddhist shrines such as Langtang Gompa and Kyanjing Gompa
- Stay in interesting teahouses along the route
- One of the lesser-known treks in Nepal
Although the Langtang Valley can be reached by a day’s drive from the Kathmandu Valley, this area is still unknown to the majority of trekkers.
Dominated by the Langtang Himalayas this valley trek is relatively short but one that runs through rhododendron and bamboo forests, alongside thundering waterfalls and stunning snow-capped mountains.
The trail takes you to an altitude of 4,000 meters, and if you want to go higher, you’d not want to miss seeing the sunrise from the Tserko Ri at 5,000m.
This diverse trek introduces you to the Buddhist culture of the Tamangs and the Sherpas, and the ancient monastery of Kyanjin Gompa, situated near Tserko upholds this tradition. The spectacular views on this trek include Dorje Lakpa (6,990m), Langtang Ri (6,370m) and Langtang Lirung (7,245m).
The trek passes through Langtang National Park- a pristine countryside with majestic flora and fauna, yak pastures, and local cheese factories! Himalayan pheasants, Himalayan deer, Himalayan bears, monkeys, and the elusive red panda, are native to this region.
Langtang Village was utterly destroyed during the April 2015 earthquake. The resilient locals have, however, been busy rebuilding and some teahouses and lodges have been rebuilt and are open. The best way for people to help is to continue to visit this area.
For those who want to trek this off-beat track and see something completely different from many of the more touristy areas in the country, this is a perfect trek.
Similarly, for those who are discovering Nepal for the first time, this is the perfect introduction.
Langtang Valley Trek Outline Itinerary
Day 1: Kathmandu to Syabrubesi
Syabrubesi – 1550 m 7-8 hrs
Day 2: Trek to Lama Hotel
Lama Hotel – 2380 m – 6 hrs
Day 3: Lama Hotel to Mundu via Langtang Village
Mundu – 3430 m 6 – 7 hrs
Day 4: Mundu to Kyanjin Gompa
Kyanjin Gompa – 3870 m – 3 hrs
Day 5: Kyanjin Gompa to Tserko Ri
Tserko Ri – 5000 m 7-8 hrs
Day 6: Tserko Ri to Lama Hotel
Lama Hotel – 2380 m 6-7 hrs
Day 7: Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi
Syabrubesi – 1550 m 6-7 hrs
Day 8: Syabrubesi to Kathmandu ( Drive )
Kathmandu – 1380 m 8 – 9 hrs
Not satisfied with this Itinerary?
Are you interested on planning custom trip? It only takes 2 minutes.
- 7 nights accommodation in mountain teahouses
- Guide for 8 days
- Kathmandu Syafru Beshi Kathmandu local bus
- Langtang national park permit
- Trekkers information management system card
- 8 x breakfast, 8 x lunch and 7 x dinner while on trek
- One porter for 8 days USD 142 (Optional)
- Private Jeep USD 260 (Optional)
The checklist gives you an idea of trekking equipment and clothing needed for the Langtang Valley Trek
Ask a Question
Feel free to ask us anything about this tour. A travel expert will then get back to you as soon as possible.