Lobuche Peak Climbing with Everest Base Camp Highlights
- Hike to Everest Base Camp
- Panoramic view of Mt. Everest and surrounding mountains from Kalapatthar
- Summit Lobuche Peak at 6,119 m, one of the most popular climbing peaks in Nepal
- Tented overnight accommodation at Lobuche Base Camp and High Camp at Lobuche Peak
- Experience climbing in the Himalayas
- Stunning views of Mt Everest from the summit of Lobuche Peak
Lobuche Peak is the second most popular climbing peak in the Everest Region after Island Peak. It too follows the classic Everest Base Camp (EBC) Trek route up to Gorakshep.
Starting with an interesting flight into the high altitude airport at Lukla, your first trek to Namche Bazaar and Tengboche Monastery.
Both of these locations are well known for their interesting past, locations and, in the case of Tengboche, stunning views. Still following the EBC Trek we reach 5,545 m at Kalapatthar where are magnificent views of Mt Everest and surrounding high peaks. You spend the night at Gorakshep (over 5,000 m) and visit Everest Base Camp.
Now our route to Lobuche Peak diverts from the regular trekking route. Base Camp is at Lobuche Village itself and High Camp is situated at 5,400 m.
Once at Base Camp, our climbing team will teach/ refresh climbers on the basic use of the climbing gear. We begin the ascent of the summit at 2:00 AM to avoid the high winds later in the day.
And also in this way we see the mesmerizing sunrise over the mountains! After taking in this glorious sight, descend to Base Camp and on to Pheriche. From Pheriche, you rejoin the trekking route to Lukla for your flight to Kathmandu.
Magical Nepal works with local Sherpa based in Dingboche and Khumjung. Our Sherpas are highly experienced and know Lobuche Peak inside out. For the safety of our climbers, we use one climbing guide for each 3-4 climbers, based on the climbers’ experience
This peak is best climbed in April and May, followed by October and November.
Lobuche Peak Climbing with Everest Base Camp Itinerary
|Day 01||Arrival in Kathmandu|
|Day 02||Kathmandu to Lukla Flight and Trek to Phakding||2651 m / 8697 ft||35 min + 3 hr|
|Day 03||Phakding to Namche Bazaar||3440 m / 11286 ft||5 - 6 hr|
|Day 04||Acclimatization Day in Namche||3700 m / 12139 ft||4 - 5 hr|
|Day 05||Namche to Tengboche||3956 m / 12979 ft||5 - 6 hr|
|Day 06||Tengboche to Pheriche||4,371 m (14,340 ft)||4 - 5 hr|
|Day 07||Acclimatization Day in Pheriche||4,371 m (14,340 ft)||3 - 4 hr|
|Day 08||Pheriche to Lobuche||4938 m / 16200 ft||4 - 5 hr|
|Day 09||Lobuche to Gorakshep (afternoon trip to Kalapatthar)||5160 m / 16929 ft||4 - 5 hr|
|Day 10||Gorakshep to Lobuche (morning hike to Everest Base Camp)||4938 m / 16200 ft||4 hr + 4 hr|
|Day 11||Lobuche Base Camp to Lobuche High Camp||5400 m / 17712 ft||4 hr|
|Day 12||Lobuche High Camp to Summit and Down to Lobuche Base Camp||4938 m / 16200 ft||10 - 11 hr|
|Day 13||Lobuche to Pangboche||3930 m / 12900 ft||7 hr|
|Day 14||Pangboche to Namche||3440 m / 11286 ft||6 hr|
|Day 15||Namche to Lukla||2860 m / 9383 ft||7 hr|
|Day 16||Day 16 Lukla to Kathmandu Flight||1400 m / 4593 ft||30 min|
- Local transfers for your international flight x 2 (arrival/ departure)
- Local transfers for your domestic flights x 2
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight
- Sagarmatha National Park Entry Park and Local Entry Permits
- Peak Climbing Permit
- Guide for 15 days
- Climbing guide for 2 days (Lobuche Peak Base Camp / return to Base Camp)
- Porter for 14 days
- Group climbing gear
- 2 nights’ accommodation in a Kathmandu (Hotel Dream Nepal or similar)
- 14 nights’ accommodation in mountain teahouses
- 1 night tented accommodation at Base Camp
- 14 x set breakfasts, 15 x set lunches and 15 x set dinners while on the trek
- Packed lunch on the summit day
- All cooked meals at base camp with complementary hot water, tea and coffee
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- Staff insurance and necessary ground transport for support staff
- International flight ticket and Nepal entry visa
- Personal travel insurance (which should include coverage for trekking)
- Lunches and dinners in Kathmandu, except the farewell dinner
- Personal gear for trekking and/ or climbing (including any you may wish to hire), any personal expenses (i.e. soft and alcoholic drinks, snacks etc.)
- Personal climbing gear (can be rented in Dingboche)