Handheld GPS’s have revolutionized the trekking world. You can plan your route, download it to your device and follow the trail making navigation in the wilderness simple. However, like all electronic devices GPS’s can fail. Whether from cold, being dropped, in an area with little or no satellites overhead, under foliage, or trekking in deep gorges.
Because of this Magical Nepal always recommends that you take a map and compass as a backup. Himalayan Map House has trekking maps covering every part of Nepal. You can order a laminated copy from Himalayan Map House.
Feel free to browse our maps below. They have been specially developed to allow you to navigate and zoom.
If you still want to take a GPS device a good series of digital maps are available here.
- Everest Base Camp Trekking Map
- Annapurna Circuit Trek Map
- Upper Mustang Trek Map
- Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek Map
- Makalu Base Camp Trek Map
- Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek Map
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek Map
Complete Great Himalaya Trail High Route Map Series are available below:
- GHT Kanchenjunga Trek Map
- GHT Makalu Trek Map
- GHT Everest (Solu Khumbu) Trek Map
- GHT Rolwaling Trek Map
- GHT Langtang Helambu Trek Map
- GHT Manaslu Ganesh Himal Trek Map
- GHT Annapurna Nar Phu Trek Map
- GHT Mustang Trek Map
- GHT Dolpo & Mugu Trek Map (Front Side)
- GHT Dolpo & Mugu Trek Map (Back Side)
- GHT Far West Trek Map (Front Side)
- GHT Far West Trek Map (Back Side)