- An advance Deposit or Full payment should be made when making a booking through a booking system.
- The remaining amount must be paid in Kathmandu before the trip’s departure.
- All major currencies (USD, Euro, GBP, SGD, CAD, AUD) are accepted at the exchange rate on the day of payment. A 3.5% bank fee will be added to the total cost for clients paying by credit or debit card.
Porter Weight Limit:
While porters are there to help make your trip more comfortable and enjoyable, they are human too! Please note the limit for what a porter can carry on any trip is 20kg, including their own backpack of a maximum of 4kg. Please, pack considerately.
We understand sometimes unavoidable circumstances lead clients to have to cancel their trips. Therefore we have the following policy in place:-
- For cancellations made more than one month before the departure date, there will be a 100% refund (minus any transaction fees and bank transfer fees).
- For cancellations made less than one month before the departure date, there will be a 100% refund (minus transaction fees and bank transfer fees).
- Should clients have to cancel (due to illness or an emergency at home) once they have arrived in Kathmandu and paid the full amount, there will be a refund of the balance AFTER deduction of any costs which have already been incurred (ie, flight ticket cancellation fees, hotel cancellation fees, part payment to porters, etc.).
We will process this immediately in case of refunds, but it might take 7 to 15 days to go through the bank. Please be patient.
Sometimes, for various reasons, clients return early from their trip. If this does happen, there is no refund. In these cases, payments are non-refundable because guides and porters must be paid for the number of original days booked.
Domestic Flight Delay:
The reason you came to Nepal was the mountains, right? So while they are beautiful, mountains are also unpredictable! Sometimes domestic flights get canceled due to bad weather, particularly those flights to the mountain areas. Should flights be delayed or canceled, the client is liable to bear the cost of any additional nights in a hotel.
Clients must have their own personal insurance in case of an emergency. Our booking form will collect details of clients’ insurance policies/ companies.
Magical Nepal provides insurance for (and only for) our own guides and porters.